Tuesday, March 4, 2008

You Dirty Rat




This morning I rushed to the gas station to gas up my pickup truck. As son as I started pumping the gas, I notice that it is pouring out under my truck at the same rate I'm pumping it out of the hose.
This is not good.
I shut off the pump and drive back to my place.

As I crawl under the truck to take a look, I notice that there is a hole about the size of a golf ball in the rubber hose to the gas tank.

I can't reach the hose to replace it, since it's behind the frame.

There's hardly any gas in the tank, so I know my range is limited to get someplace to fix it.

I manage to make it to my mechanics in Shopiere. Even though they are very busy, they take the time to replace the hose.

Larry and Chet (my mechanics) tell me that a rodent must have chewed through the hose. Apparently, they like to chew anything rubber... I mean the rodents, not Larry and Chet.



No comments: