Saturday, November 15, 2008

Anticipation


1/4 inch to go.
Most of the things in life that we anticipate, we are eagerly awaiting the beginning.
There seem to be very few pleasant experiences that generate excitement because they are about to end.
We are much more eager for a vacation to begin than to end. Our anticipation of a delicious meal is in waiting for the first bite. The first day we drive off in a new car is more fun than the day we sell it or junk it.
I enjoy reading. Even though I read different kinds of books, a good novel is a refreshing escape for me. It's a bit like the pleasure of a really good movie only extended a couple of days, or even weeks, instead of a couple of hours.
As of tonight, I only have a few pages remaining of a novel I started a few days ago.
I eagerly anticipate the conclusion of a well-written book. Sometimes, I even slow my pace as I reach the final chapters, just to savor the story a little longer.
So, I'm ready to finish this book I've been reading because tonight I went to the bookstore and bought a new one.
...And I'm eager to start it.

No comments: