Saturday, December 20, 2008

What's My Option?



Last night, we had another snowstorm of about 10"... more snow tonight, then it will get cold. Tomorrow's high will be about 0. Yes... zero (I didn't forget to put another number in front).

So, I notice that the guys standing around on the sidewalk "chewing the fat" have now taken to wearing at least a sweatshirt. Although, occasionally you will see guys pumping gas in a tee shirt - after all, it's not yet "bitter cold" here, I guess.

A couple of days ago, it was about 5 below and I had been moving some things over into our storage, it was about noon and I was hungry so I thought, "I'm in the mood to go into the diner, sit at the counter and eat a bowl of chili". Once again, the topic of discussion was not one I would expect to hear in Phoenix. Three different people were explaining to one another how to operate their remote car starters. These things have become such a common feature up here that one guy had the option on his car and didn't even know it. So, they figured it out for him - and sure enough, he got his car started while sitting in the coffee shop. It's only a matter of time before we can do away with keys, which is good with me since I locked my keys in my truck this week and had to call the police to come and open it up for me.

No comments: