Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Farmer Tan



I fear I am getting a farmer tan. This has become a bit of a dilemma for me and I am looking for a solution.

Living in Arizona now, I should be able to get a nice even tan. Upon some reflection, I think I realize the essence of my predicament.

All the young hunks can parade around without a shirt and no one seems to mind. Thus, creating the dreamy bronze stud that looks so ruggedly handsome and earthy.

On the other end of the tanned male spectrum are the old retired guys that golf in the morning and spend their afternoons lounging poolside. Thus creating the leathery bronze image of relaxed luxury.

Like the 8th grade, I once again find myself at that awkward age, floundering helplessly somewhere in between what I once was and what I could someday become.

I know an even tan should not be a major consideration to anyone - and some of you are thinking that any exposure to the sun at any time to any degree is careless and wrong, even reckless. OK, now that's starting to sound more like it. Reckless...living on the edge...wildly laughing in the face danger. Maybe I can do this. I will blaze my own trail, venture boldly into the unknown and find a way to free myself from the farmer tan.

No comments: