Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I Got Mine


As part of my continuing education with the Arizona Motor Vehicle Department, I had a course this week in emissions testing.

In order to renew my truck registration, I needed for my truck to pass emissions.

I knew that if the check engine light was on, the vehicle would fail. My check engine light has been on for 6 months. I had Chet (my mechanic in Wisconsin) check it out one day last December when it was about 15 below outside. He said, "Oh, there's probably just some sensor froze up. Don't worry about it." I didn't.

Since I had to renew my Arizona plate by July 1, I knew I had to have an Arizona mechanic take a look. The "check engine" light cure started out costing $309., then climbed to $440. and finally topped out at $518. by the time I drove away.

Now, I was free to pay the $30. testing fee, and if I pass, finally renew my regisration for an additional $150.

My final word of advice - If your check engine light comes on, be afraid... be very afraid

No comments: