Monday, September 17, 2007

To Roof Or Not To Roof


They are building a new bank across the street from where I live. Last week the building was up and the roof was complete. I saw them shingling it last Monday.

Today as I drove by, I noticed men on the roof tearing all the shingles off. By the end of the day, they had started to put shingles on again.

So, somebody made a mistake. I don't know if it was the wrong shingle the first time, or something else, but in order to make things right all the original work had to be discarded.

I don't like to delight in someone's misfortune, but something inside me felt a little less bad about some of the mistakes I've made on the job.

By the way, I have put the wrong shingles on a new roof myself. It was only a porch roof, but I had to re-roof it.

No comments: