Tuesday, November 27, 2007


A mechanic comes in to work one day and decides he needs a vehicle. Maybe for his wife, girlfriend (or both), son, daughter, banker or paperboy. He patiently waits for some poor buffoon to come along towing his vehicle into the shop (preferably from out of state). At this point, our friendly mechanic, lets call him, "Alfredo", seizes the opportunity. He will tell the buffoon (from out of state), "Your car is fatally wounded and will not recover". Following the appropriate nanosecond of mourning, Alfredo adds, "There is someone interested in buying it".

Wow. What a coincidence.

So ...yes, I am selling my Jimmy to Alfredo for roughly the price I paid for the radiator I put in on the side of the road the other night. At least I don't have to pay someone to junk it.
And honestly, I hope Alfredo has good luck with it. He wants the transmission, I guess.

So long, Jimmy.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Alas poor Jimmy. We knew thee well.

PS: Thank you for not breaking down in the middle of Nebraska!

Mrs. Scott Nass