Monday, October 1, 2007

Communication


My wife and I spent a weekend at the Family Life marriage conference titled "Weekend to Remember".


I think 5 of the 14 sessions dealt with communication. Not just how to communicate, but when, why and about what.


Overall, the weekend was really a fun experience together. The two main speakers were very powerful, humorous and compelling.


One of the things I realized is that we seem to have the notion that good marriages can automatically happen and just materialize before our eyes - kind of like Kirk and the away team beaming down to the planet surface.


In reality, we accept that the successful things in our life have required effort and conscious, deliberate action.


So, I'm starting to accept the fact that my information about communication should probably stop coming from the world of sports.

No comments: