Monday, October 8, 2007

Have Church? Will Travel


A few days ago, I was working on a cabinet installation in a commercial office. The painter was scheduled for the same day, so we ended up working around each other most of the day.

He didn't know me, or anything about me., but he asked me where I attended church.

As we began to discuss things, he told me that he goes to a different church every week. His goal is to attend every church in the city (Rockford, IL). Apparently, there are about 150 different churches in the Rockford area, so this effort will take him about 3 years to complete. He started last Christmas Eve.

I guess this would prove interesting, but I don't think I would enjoy it.

There would also not be any real sense of satisfaction for me.

I don't recommend this to anyone... maybe he is a professional on a closed course.

No comments: