Thursday, October 25, 2007

How Tough Can It Be?


I once had a friend whose moniker was, "How tough can it be?".

It didn't matter if we were talking about skiing, skydiving, jewelry making or selling insurance - his response was always the same.

So today, as I come home from work, I see my son Dylan taking apart his laptop computer on the living room floor with a Leatherman multi tool. Apparently, there was no pressing need to do this; he just wanted to give it a try.

When Dylan was about 7 years old, he received as a gift a ballpoint pen that could write with any one of four different colors. Before he even used it, he completely disassembled it.

I can appreciate this urge. there are times when you are just randomly compelled to take something apart.

After about half an hour, his computer was back on the table - up and running.

After numerous frustrating attempts, the pen, however, was never able to be reassembled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the rare occasion in which I decide to take something apart, I always end up with pieces that have no place to fit back in the reassembly. Why is that?

Larry